Friday, May 28, 2010

Late Mother's Day flowers.



I made these pink and white flower cookies to send to my mom for mother's day. Unfortunately, I they didn't actually get made until Mother's Day, and my mom lives 12 hours away from here, so they arrived a good while after Mother's Day...

Now I'm talking about them almost a month after Mother's Day, so I guess I should just call them Spontaneous Summer Flowers for My Mom.



I kept it simple with only 2 icing colors for the designs. Sometimes simple is better, especially with flowers and bright colors.



The tulips are my favorite.



Or maybe the daisies...




I like them all! They are chocolate cookies after all, and chocolate is great no matter what shape.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new name for them! They were delicious and very much appreciated. MawMaw still has one saved in the refrigerator so she can show it to people, but I ate mine all up! BTW, this is from Mom, not John, but I can't figure out how to make it say so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog from Stacey. LOVE these. Do you teach how to make them? Maybe Ellie and I could come learn! - Jen Thompson

    ReplyDelete