Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bridal shower cookies



These tea cup & tea pot cookies were made for a bridal shower.




Unfortunately, they did not make it there intact. They are the only cookies I've ever shipped to break like that!

Luckily, I did figure out what was wrong so that that hopefully won't happen in the future.
I have done most of my baking in the fall, winter, and spring, so the hot and wet summer meant I needed to use more flour in the dough to get it as sturdy as normal. Plus, I now bake cookies that will be shipped a little longer to ensure they will be sturdy for the trip. These were softer, which is tasty, but dangerous for travel.



I was devastated that they broke in transit, but glad to have learned more about properly shipping my cookies.



No comments:

Post a Comment