Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cold weather cookies


We had some snow & ice last week (mostly ice!), so I was off work for a day and a half. I decided to spend my time baking cookies!


What better shapes to make than mittens and snowflakes?


 I need to be a bit neater on my snowflakes, but I was in a rush and just making them for fun.



I brought these to work the next day to share.



I used wet on wet icing to add the designs to the mittens so they would lie flat.


I also made some hats to go with the mittens, and as I didn't have a hat cookie cutter I freehanded it. Andrew thought they looked like UFOs. Maybe they would have turned out more hat-like if I had drawn them out first. Icing is not the easiest thing to draw freehand with.

The cookies were yummy, and my coworkers and I ate them all the next day!

1 comment: