Saturday, March 6, 2010

Painting on Cookies




This was a total experiment. I've seen people paint on cakes, and I realized my gel icing colors are a similar consistency to paint, so I thought I'd give painting cookies a try. I'm definitely not the first person to do this; I've done some searched online and found many gorgeous pictures of hand painted cookies that are much more impressive than this one, but it's my first attempt.

My canvas is a chocolate cookie with smooth white flood icing that I let dry overnight.


My palate is a clean white bowl with gel paste icing colors. I use wilton brand that you can find at the craft section pretty much anywhere. The tooth picks are what I use to get the icing out of their containers; just a tiny bit of icing color goes a really long way. I used pink, red, purple, and white for the flower.



I also had a tea cup of water and an assortment of clean paint brushes that I only use for cookie decorating. I've realized I need some smaller brushes if I want to paint precisely and with more details.


I had fun painting these flowers, and I'm excited about the possibilities this opens up!


No comments:

Post a Comment