Saturday, April 3, 2010

Birthday Stuff



Andrew's birthday was a couple weeks ago, so we had some friends over to eat cake and play a very confusing board game.

I baked a couple of goodies for Andrew. He'd been requesting chocolate, cherry, oatmeal cookies, so I finally located some dried cherries and made them for him.



I am not a fan of raisins, so dried cherries are my raisin alternative in cookies. We like them a lot around here.



For Andrew's birthday cake, I made a layer cake version of the homemade hostess cupcakes I baked at Valentine's day. I used a different cake recipe that we liked better, but I put the cream filling between the layers and covered the whole thing with chocolate ganache.


It tasted pretty good, but I can say it looked pretty. I'd never covered anything with ganache before, and I think I need a bit of practice.


We played a game called Settlers of Catan with a bunch of friends. We'd heard good things about and and since Andrew got it for his birthday we thought it'd be fun to play. It was, but it was rather confusing to learn at first. Andrew an I were the only ones who had never played before, so we had lots of help learning.


I think the birthday boy had a fun day and enjoyed his birthday treats.


No comments:

Post a Comment