Friday, April 16, 2010

Blue and White Butterflies



I tried a couple new designs for butterfly cookies the other day.



To make this butterfly, I drew a white line down the center of each wing while the icing was still wet.




Then I dragged a toothpick back and forth through the icing.



These butterflies are simpler than my usual design, but I like the simplicity.




I also used the brush embroidery technique on a couple of butterflies.




After experimenting awhile, I decided to ice the rest of the butterflies with zigzags on the top wings and dots on the bottom, like I usually ice them.



I used teal, blue, and white and rotated the colors on each butterfly.



Butterflies might be my favorite cookie to ice. There are so many color and design options that they are hard to mess up and almost always end up looking pretty good!

2 comments: