Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Brush Embroidery



I finally found a design that I like for the teacup and teapot cookies! I made the flowers with a technique I just learned called brush embroidery.


After looking up how to do brush embroidery, I practiced on a salad plate.


I used thick royal icing and outlined a flower.


Then I dragged a clean paint brush from the edge of the outline towards the center.


After the outside petals are finished, I do the same thing with the inside petals and finish with a dot in the center of the flower.









I think I'm going to be playing around with this style of decorating a lot now. I really like how it turned out!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I showed these cookies to my mom and sisters, and they liked them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design!

    By the way, saw these and thought of you...
    http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/04/weekly-wrap-up-miette-wallpaper-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm glad you like them!

    Kristel, those look awesome, thanks for sharing that with me!

    ReplyDelete