Friday, April 9, 2010

Black, White, and Red



I have an order of birthday cookies due Saturday, so I've been really busy baking and decorating this week. I won't post pictures of those cookies until Sunday because the birthday girl should get to enjoy them first!



The birthday cookies were black, white, and red, so I used the extra dough and icing to make some butterflies.


All the swirls are made by adding wet icing details to wet flood icing and dragging a tooth pick through the design. It is so satisfying to make cookies like this! The swirls are easy to do, but they look complicated and impressive.



I don't think I've ever seen butterflies with these colors in nature, but I hate wasting icing and I love decorating cookies, so I just had fun playing around.




Tomorrow I finish up the birthday cookies, so I'll take pictures and post them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment