Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Cleaning



It's spring! That means lovely weather, short sleeves, beautiful blossoming trees, and an overwhelming desire to get things organized. When it looks this beautiful outside, I can't leave the inside cluttered and unorganized.



Getting an new spring wreath might not be categorized under "organization," but our red berry wreath we got for Christmas just seemed out of place the last few weeks. The new wreath looks like the trees lining the drive to our apartment complex.


My cookie cutters have taken over the house. It's frustrating to find the one I'm looking for and Andrew's about to go nuts because he can't stand it when something doesn't have a proper place to go (it's ok if it's not in its proper place, as long as it has one to go to eventually). We only have so many cabinets and drawers in the kitchen, and they were all in use, so we did a bit of rearranging.


We got the cube storage shelf from Target today and moved the table to the center of the kitchen.



I put my cookbooks on the shelf and my cookie cutters in the bins.



I have them separated into three categories: animals; shapes and letters; seasons and special occasions.


We finally got some table clothes for our super cheap, particle board side tables.


And we got a new bed spread. (Ok, we did this a while ago, but I decided to put it here anyway).



We also got baskets to organize our DVDs. It looks less cluttered and they don't all fall every time we get one out.



And we put some shelves and baskets in the bathroom.


We also put shelves in the pantry a short while back, but the pantry is not very organized right now... that's probably our next project.

Now I'm going to go bake some Easter cookies for my Kindergarten Sunday school class! Pictures will be coming on Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so pretty and organized! Can I move in?!! I agree with Andrew, everything should have a place even if it's not there at the moment. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for organization!

    ReplyDelete