Saturday, February 13, 2010

It Snowed!





It's a winter wonderland here in NC!

The only time it snowed significantly in south Alabama when I was growing up, I was 6 years old. Unfortunately, it was the wrong kind of snow for snowball fights and snowman building. Andrew grew up in Ohio and he is very familiar with the finer aspects of snowman building, so I asked him to teach me to build my first snowman!



Because we only had a couple inches of snow on the ground, we used the snow on our cars to form the snowman parts which we then assembled by our window.

We added a scarf, a carrot, a few coals for buttons and eyes, and Andrew added the his hippy wig from Halloween. We decided it looked better bald.


The wig looks much better on Andrew, doesn't it?

It was fun building the snowman, but I think I'll stick to cookie snowmen from now on. They are easier to make, and I get to stay warm and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment