Thursday, February 25, 2010

Owls


I made pink owls and flowers to bring to my church small group last night.


For the owls, I drew circle with pointy ears on top, filled it in, and let it dry for about an hour.


I added white eyes next and let them dry for about 15-20 minutes.


Then, I put a light pink circle under the eyes and added dark pink U shaped onto the wet light pink icing. When you add a different color to icing that is already wet, it dries flat. I let that sit for about 30 more minutes before putting the blue pupils on the eyes and the orange beak, feet, and wings.


I got the design for these owls from the site sweetopia.net, I just changed the colors a bit.


I also made dark and light pink flowers to go with the owls. Tomorrow I'll post a tutorial about royal icing & making the flowers.

1 comment:

  1. How in the world did I miss you had a blog!!! I love it Megan! We need to get together soon! I would love to learn to bake cookies like you. I got a cookie book for Christmas but I have not had a chance to try it out yet! The owls are precious!! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete