Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pink, Polka Dots, and Flowers



Thursday was one of my friend's birthdays, so I decided to try out my new cake cookie cutter and a chocolate cookie recipe I've been experimenting with.


I made pink cake cookies and pink flowers to go with them. The colors didn't show up perfectly in the photos because I finished them up after the sun set. I used Wilton's gel icing colors: just a touch of rose color for the light pink and a lot of rose plus a touch of purple for the dark pink.



I outlined the cake cookies in white icing and added candles at the top. The bottom and top layers are just light and dark pink with dots. The middle layer is white with dark pink flowers. The flowers are made by putting five dark pink dots close together, then adding a light pink dot in the center.


I added the yellow candle flames last, then let them sit out and harden a bit before we took them over to the birthday girl.


I made the flowers to make the cakes. Because of the simple shape, I didn't bother to outline the petals. The flooding icing I use is on the thicker side, so though it dries flat, it keeps its shap pretty well.


I made some other birthday cookies this week that we're mailing out tomorrow, but I'll wait until they have been received to put pictures up here.


No comments:

Post a Comment